Polish Legal Translator and Interpreter (Chartered Linguist)
As a chartered linguist, I specialise in professional Polish legal translation, interpreting, and transcription services. My priority is to complete projects accurately and quickly, providing value and expertise. This means I deliver work to a very high standard.
While my main interests lie in the legal sector, I frequently work with clients in other industries. Please send me a message with details of your Polish translation or interpreting request.
“I wholly commend Iwona as a first class interpreter and translator. Her character and personality mean that her
professional skills are complemented by somebody who is a very fine individual to work with professionally.”
Phil Blackburn, Cobleys Solicitors Ltd
Polish legal translation and interpreting services
I have a particular interest in law. This has led to extensive diplomas and certificates, allowing me to specialise in Polish legal interpreting and translation. I regularly work in diverse legal settings and on technical or sensitive subjects.
Additionally, I invest time in continued professional development, undertaking law-related courses and attending relevant events.
My areas of expertise
- Polish-English legal translation
- Proofreading and editing (legal, business, marketing)
- Polish in-person interpreting (consecutive, simultaneous)
- Polish remote interpreting (video, phone)
As a skilled Polish legal interpreter and translator, I regularly work across court and police matters.
I also have experience in Russian import-export and have a certificate proving knowledge about the paperwork required for businesses dealing with overseas clients.
Why work together
I work efficiently and strive to create success in every project. This involves analysing the needs of each client, adapting my approach, and ensuring everything runs smoothly.
Whether working as a Polish legal translator, interpreter, or in any other role, I am dedicated to my work. I strive to ensure communication is clear and accurate. This prevents misunderstandings and delays.
I also enjoy creating unique partnerships with clients. In each project, I provide consistent customer service thanks to high-level people skills.
Qualifications – Polish legal interpreting and translation
- Diploma in Police Interpreting (DPI)
- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI)
- Legal Secretaries Diploma
- Family Law Foundation Certificate
- Wills, Probate & Administration Foundation Certificate
- Law for non-lawyers: Introduction to law (Monash University, Australia)
- Proofreading & Editing (College of Media and Publishing, UK)
- MA in Russian and English Philology
- BA in Teaching Foreign Languages
I am a full member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists, an affiliate member of the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs (ILSPA), and have an enhanced DBS.
In addition to my work as a Polish legal translator and interpreter, I work as a Lecturer in collaboration with the British Legal Centre. This is a leading centre that partners with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research.
Iwona Izabella Wright MA DPI MCIL CL
My name is Philip Blackburn and I am a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. I have across the previous two decades specialised in serious fraud and large criminal cases.
In 2018 I was instructed in a very serious and high profile matter that attracted international press attention and further was the subject of a documentary by the BBC current affairs programme, Panorama. I was instructed by a Polish national who had an extremely limited understanding of the English language, whether written, or spoken. It was apparent from the outset that a very major part of managing the case properly would be to secure the services of a high calibre interpreter and translator. It was my very good fortune, and good fortune for my client, that I located Iwona Wright who carried out interpretation and translation across many hours and days on a very serious and complex legal matter. What is more, my client suffered with alcoholism, and so the project was made even more demanding.
The case only properly concluded very recently and I have therefore known Iwona Wright for around 20 months.
During this time I can say the following with regard to Iwona:
- Iwona is extremely capable and able of working in the most difficult, challenging and high profile legal assignments. The outline of the case I have provided above demonstrates this entirely;
- Iwona provided interpretation in all settings, including the home of my client and at court in the presence of very senior counsel. On the occasions when my client was intoxicated Iwona adapted to the circumstances, and her strong interpersonal skills made a potentially difficult assignment, a lot easier than it might otherwise have been. My client expressed to me on countless occasions his gratitude for the high level of service provided by Iwona. In addition to first class interpretation, Iwona translated several thousand words, often at short notice and working under pressure, and Iwona’s work product was subsequently introduced to court proceedings. Her work was never brought into question, and this must be to her credit because the Crown retained numerous interpreters who would have undoubtedly reviewed Iwona’s work product and not hesitated to raise any issues had there been any. Not a single issue was raised at any point;
- Iwona is a consummate professional. She has a dedicated sense of duty to carrying out all work to a very high standard. She is punctual, professional and clearly has a very strong sense of integrity that underpins all that she does.
In short, I wholly commend Iwona as a first class interpreter and translator. Her character and personality mean that her professional skills are complemented by somebody who is a very fine individual to work with professionally.
I am happy to be contacted should clarification be required.
Cobleys Solicitors Ltd
DBS Enhanced Certificate – Issued 24/01/2019
Leave a Comment